This is what makes me happy. Sometimes, happiness can get in material things but in a productive way.
I purchased all of them thru online shop from a trusted seller/friend. I am overwhelmed with the products i have right now. I can now compare the classes of yarns and can choose what’s my favorite and most used yarn. Though I haven’t finished my 20 Christmas gifts/ items let me share to you what my comment on each and every yarn that I have.
First of all those small balls of yarn was purchased last September and October along with all of the books. And those big balls of yarn are purchased earlier.
My favorite to least favorite yarn:
1. PEACHES AND CREME YARN – 100% cotton and very soft yarn. What I like it is the softness of its texture, as in very very soft, and with a light feeling when you started to crochet it. You can use it in wearable crocheted items. Honestly, I haven’t used it yet because obviously it’s my favorite and can’t make any projects with this little skeins that I have.
2. SOUTH MAID COTTON 8 YARN – Same texture with peaches and cream but it’s a little thinner with peaches.
3. MONACO 100 % MERCERIZED COTTON THREAD – I frequently used this thread for bags, purses,wearables, hairbands and hats. I think this should be on no.1 since I always used it from the day I learned to crochet (at 11 years old) until now. haha. I used 2strands of it for headbands and bag for a bigger gauge. But i really don’t understand the word MERCERIZED… I should learn more about crochet hehe.
4. BAGUIO COTTON YARNS – It all came from Baguio City, Philippines :) Super soft and light but it’s thinner than Monaco. Super thin! This is the first time to use and touch it. My friend told me that this is very good for crocheted wearables.
5. RED HEART SUPER SAVER YARN – Biggest skeins that I had and thicker yarn also. Rough texture. Good for bags, house items like coasters, pot holders and scrubbies. What I like about Red Heart is there skeins, super big skeins haha
6. CARMENCITA YARN – Not so rough and not so soft. Have a good thickness for my hats and shoes.
7. CANNON MULTICOLORED THREAD – Too thin to handle. 100 % cotton. Good for wearables only (that’s what i think). Gonna try this on the other day.
These comparison is based on what I see, feel and how I used it. Open for comments or clarification on my description. These is all I have right now and soon to use for my Christmas gifts to all my love ones. Hopefully they will like my items.
Wanna share also my power tools!.
Crochet hobby keeps me insane! I can crochet in 2days straight (except when I needed to sleep) without feeling pain on my hands and mind. ahaha.
Thank you for stopping by and let’s share our hobbies :)